So I recently deployed AutoCAD 2017 Mechanical and set it up utilizing network licensing. I was looking for a way to query the license server to get the number of licenses that are currently in use so that I could create a status board that showed this information as close to real-time as I could get it.
The first this I did was run the command line against the license server to see how many licenses are checked out.
lmutil lmstat -a -c @localhost
This will give you a bunch of information returned to the command line so I took it a bit further and had it pumped out to a text file for reference.
lmutil lmstat -a -c @localhost > C:\LicenseStatus.csv
This gave me all the information that I wanted in terms of the amount of licenses that had been checked out. This also told me who the users were as well as their computer names.
pushd “c:\Autodesk\Network License Manager”
lmutil lmstat -a -c @localhost > c:\acstatus.csv